Video: Understanding Beam Profiling Calculations, Usage and Results
There are many beam profiling calculations, and knowing how they work and what they mean can be challenging.
The video in this blog post presents a webinar, brought to you by Russ Leikis, software engineer and product support at Ophir.
The webinar introduces the suite of laser measurements available in Ophir’s BeamGage and engaging some laser measurements issues such as:
- Power and energy intensities
- Spatial characteristics such as beam widths, ellipticity, angular rotation
- Special Gaussian or top hat charactization
- Why there are many ways to measure a laser beam (and the pitfalls with each method)
- How to interpret the results in your application